Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What was I thinking?

Someone at a show recently asked me if all I did was wash Poodles...yep, sometimes I think that is the case!
(This picture was at the start of our run. I don't think I could duplicate this shot if I tried! This was not staged, and all I wish was that I had taken them out a bit earlier so that this spot was in the sun.) So take a look at Barbie on the right. Beautiful white coat which was bathed on Sunday, Bunny was in the bath Monday... It was about here where the trouble started. Barbie joined Juno, Emma and Bridgit in the ditch...those darn Shelties led her astray. The dirt falls off the Shelties and other things like picks and burrs rarely cause problems.
This is how she looked when she came back! ((Sigh))
The long grasses stuck to her coat like Velcro! I don't think this is the suggested method for coat care and maintenance!
Yes, she enjoyed herself; but guess what? It is bath time again!
Foo didn't fare any better. She has hundreds of picks on her legs!

6 comments:

Natalie August 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Sigh...the joys of owning a Poodle ; )
Just had to rip out a couple of cockle burrs from Addie's coat...good thing she's not a show dog! Have fun and good luck with those two! If I were closer I'd offer to help but alas, I'm not..

lonfrichuk August 26, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

OMG! This had me laughing out loud! Poor you and poor Foos!

anamchara1 August 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Barbie doesn't look like she minds her "grass skirt" at all!! Those darn shelties!! :)

Sherri August 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

I'm sorry but that is hilarious. Love the photos.

Laureate August 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

These girls make me laugh, that is for sure! In the end Bunny's sticky picks took longer to remove than a quick wash and dry of Barbie's legs.

The ditch between the fields usually is dry at this time of year; and the young Shelties just love to go and muck around. Next outing is Foo's only!

Kim

Natalie August 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

I know how that goes. Those stupid little picks like to hide in all the layers of a Poodle's coat...and do it well! I always find them after Addie goes romping through long grass too. What we do for our dogs..

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP