Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Barbie 5 1/2 months

I went to the dog show in Peterborough over the weekend as Allison, Barbie (and Bunny's) breeder was going to be there. Barbie doesn't like car rides and so I put a sweat shirt on her, but even with that she still arrived at the dog show looking like a train wreck. She had drooled all over her ears and what was exposed of her paws as well. A bit of sprucing up helped, but it isn't the same as having a full bath and blow dry. Allison trimmed Barbie, and I watched and learned a lot. There is so much to pick up regarding grooming Poodles. I'm just going to have to keep working on it to get confidence with the scissors...knowing what to cut off and what to leave on.I didn't really get the full effect of the trim, as today was the first chance I had to give her a bath. It poured rain all morning, but the rain stopped long enough for me to take her out afterwards for some quick snapshots. I feel very lucky to have a girl of this quality! Even with these unposed shots, her style is evident.
It is good to take time to smell the flowers (or weeds)!

A blurry photo, but shows her reach and drive...


Barbie is as sweet as she is beautiful. We love this puppy!

5 comments:

anamchara1 July 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

There is such a difference in even a month from her last photo shoot. You can really get a sense of her glamour, style and athleticism. You are indeed fortunate :).

Bren

Laureate July 8, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Thanks Bren. I think a change that is happening is her head is lengthening and her cheeks are flattening. The little extra hair softens everything too!

Kim

Christine July 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

What fab poodle pictures :-)

Natalie July 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Oh boy, that is one beautiful Poodle baby! She looks like so much fun. Her movement is awesome, and look at that dark pigment! She's growing coat really well, and her trim is coming along. There is SO much to learn in Poodle grooming, you're right. It's a challenge every time I pick up my scissors! I groom my Standard, but she is not in a puppy cut. Good luck with your girl, I love seeing pictures of her.

Heather July 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Kim,
She is beautiful!! I love the photo showing her movement and stride... the pictures of her smelling 'weed flowers' are very sweet! I love her coat.
Heather

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP